Thursday 15 May 2008

Nix's Thighs


Well, it is actually Antony Worral Thompson's marmalade chicken, but since a friend called Nix gave me the recipe, and I used thigh fillets instead of chicken pieces I thought Nix's Thighs was a better name.

Not too sweet, but I think when I make it again I will put a small squeeze of lemon juice in instead of the orange juice; or maybe just leave out the extra liquid. We ended up with loads more sauce than we needed, so I should probably have poured it off into a saucepan and reduced it down so it was really thick and luscious but I couldn't be bothered dirtying an extra saucepan.

I left the olive oil out - couldn't really see the point - and I used Szechwan pepper instead of black (although I think this was a dud batch because I couldn't taste the prickle from it at all). At exactly the same moment my husband and I said "wouldn't this be good with duck?" but I thought legs and he thought breasts. I will definitely make this one again - afterall, after the cake, this chicken and adding some to a sauce a while back, I've almost finished a jar of marmalade! Only 2 more to go...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Duck is good with everything. I think if you toast the Szechuan peppercorns in a dry pan over medium heat, that kicks up the prickle a bit.

Alicia Foodycat said...

You are right of course - but that was something else that went in the "dirtying another pan" category!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...