Monday 28 July 2008

Thanks Alex!


The divine Alex from Just Cook It! has awarded me the Arte y pico blogging award and I have come over all Sally Field. In fact - to continue with my Oscars metaphor - I am on the verge of blubbing like Gwyneth in the poorly fitting pink dress (except it is a black M&S pyjama top). The thought that anyone thinks that I ‘display creativity, present interesting material and contribute to the blogging community in some way.’ is overwhelming, and I am honoured to pass it on to some of my must-reads in the blogosphere!

It is hard to narrow down to 5 the blogs that I want to pass the award on to, but here they are:

Anne, from Anne's Food takes the most wonderful food pics - and the fact that she posts pictures of lovely kittens is just a bonus. Even when she is talking about food that I don't much care for, I still want to eat it because of the wonderful way she writes.

Judy at Over a Tuscan Stove makes me want to live the dream of the Tuscan villa. And having had the privilege of attending one of her cooking classes, I know she can walk the talk.

Heather, blogging at Gild the Voodoolily is one of my favourite people that I haven't met (and I fear this will fall under her meme prohibition). Her food rocks, her photography is fab, she takes a lot of time to respond to all the comments and the ambitious foody projects she takes on are inspiring. Porkfest 2008 - I salute you!

Greek-Canadian Peter at Kalofagas is a new-ish discovery for me. There is no possible way that the sun always shines on his kitchen, but that is how it looks. I would take a vow never to eat Italian food again if I could cook Greek the way Peter cooks Greek.

Norm at Eat or Die is one I found through Heather's blog. I love his thoughts on wine as much as his thoughts on food and his food always looks and sounds enticing.

So. The rules that I was following for the Arte y pico award are:
1. Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award with their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
3. Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award4. Award-winners and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Display these rules on your blog.

4 comments:

Peter M said...

Foodycat, thank you very much for the tag and the very kind words!

mscrankypants said...

Hurrah! I shall have a champagne cocktail with Cointreau tonight to celebrate (I was thinking about one anyway, but I have a reason now) *hic*

Heather said...

Oi, sorry it took me so long to respond to this! Is it me, or does time literally vanish before our eyes as we get older?

Thank you so much for the award and I'm blushing at all of the things you said!

(#^_^#) <---blushing

Alicia Foodycat said...

All true, all deserved!

Enjoy your cocktail cranky - have some extra cointreau for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...