Saturday 23 August 2008

Samphire redux

You may remember a couple of months ago I posted about going to Borough Market and cooking the samphire I bought there. My seafood and samphire pasta was very delicious and I am sorry I haven't seen any samphire since!

But last week in Wales we were walking in the estuary in front of Portmeirion and saw it growing. I had a nibble, and it was definitely the same stuff, just not as beautifully developed as the bundle I had bought.

Sadly, being on day 2 of a 7 day holiday, we weren't really in a position to pick any! But it - along with reading Michael Pollan's In Defence of Food while I was away - has made me determined to get more foraged foods into our diet. I think I need to buy a book on identifying edible stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...