Sunday 21 September 2008

Pasta with seafood & broadbeans

After a tiring day, spend a quiet moment double podding some broadbeans. Then when you are relaxed enough to eat, put a lot of olive oil and some slivered garlic into a saute pan. When the garlic starts to sizzle chuck in a bag of seafood mix (pulled from the freezer as soon as you came in), a shake of pasta seasoning (what am I going to do when I run out of that stuff? I know - go to Florence!) and as soon as the prawns start to pink, the broadbeans. Toss through some nice pasta with lots of curvy bits to catch the seasoned oil.

Would have been nice to have a lemon to squeeze over at the last minute.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

broadbeans? I've never heard of those... is there a US name that I can look for ?

Indian summer - I'm a winter girl... :o)

kat said...

Perfect in its simplicity

Peter M said...

No fuss, no muss...all's good in the world with shrimp.

Jenny said...

What a great looking pasta. Now you've got me intrigued by those beans!

HH said...

Sounds good fc! I long for a nice, fresh, tasty pasta dish...lovely!

Bettina Douglas said...

I made pasta and bean soup (with fresh, double-podded broad beans) yesterday. Also with fond memories of Florence.

Broad beans are known as fava beans in the USA.

Unknown said...

Foodycat, your recipe sounds delicious. I too have never heard of broadbeans. Do you think I could use chick peas instead? Great recipe.

Dee said...

I love podding beans - I go into a zen like calm. Maybe there's a marketing idea in this somewhere? I love easy-peasy pastas like this, especially when they sound obviously delish!

Leslie said...

Nope..never heard of broadbeans..but never the less...this dish still looks divine!
Thanks for your comment on my Oreo Turkeys! My kids seemed to eat the candy corn first! But I too eat the Easter Bunny ears first.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Can you get fresh fava beans easily? It's the same thing, but I associate fava beans with dried beans.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...