Saturday 24 August 2013

Land down under: Brisbane Part the Third

A few last little bits and pieces to wrap up my stay in Brisbane!
Along South Bank are community tea, herb and salad gardens. Such a charming idea! The lemon verbena and spearmint in this bed were particularly aromatic
Bettina made these delicious mandarin and ginger braised beef cheeks - she told me about this recipe ages ago but I have never got around to trying it. I'm glad I have now! I'll definitely make it when the casserole weather comes back.
Maggie Beer's burnt fig, honeycomb and caramel ice cream. Divine. Worth a visit to Australia really! But in case that isn't achievable, there are a few "inspired by" recipes on the internet that look worth a shot. I am going to try this one.
A friend of mine moved up to Noosa a couple of years ago and opened a cafe/wine bar, so we went up for lunch. And I would say this regardless of my relationship with Gareth - Shades makes a damn fine BLT and excellent chips.
After lunch we had a bit of a drive around Noosa. And saw a koala. I don't think I have ever seen a wild koala before so it was a real treat!

4 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

That BLT sandwich and chips look so good, but the braised beef cheek is my favourite!

Bettina Douglas said...

another highlight - although not so photogenic was the raw milk Bruny Island cheese. It is so exciting to be able to get raw milk cheese here now.

Bettina Douglas said...

NB the amazing thing is the camera which does those food close ups AND the wildlife / landscape pictures too!

Rachel said...

That is a cute picture of a koala bum. I bet his face is adorable too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...